Stockhandlers (1st & 2nd shift)
3010 Walden Ave, Depew, NY 14043 Depew, NY 14043
Stockhandlers needed for busy distribution center! Currently seeking a few for 1st shift and multiple openings on 2nd shift:
Shifts: 1st (6:00 am – 2:30 pm) – must be flexible to work overtime as needed
2nd (2:30 pm – 11:00 pm) – must be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Rate of Pay: $13.25/hr. plus an additional $.50 for the 2nd shift differential
***These are temp-to-perm positions (factors to go permanent are: Performance, quality, attendance, etc.
- Uses forklift, cherry picker or Drexel along with RF technology to move materials throughout the warehouse to replenish and stage to meet production timelines.
- Performs cycle counting to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Cycle counting involved the ability to count accurately and consistently to ensure accurate inventory.
- May be required to count loose books or pack loose books to complete a pallet transaction.
- Forklift Certification required or one that expired within the past year.
- Experience with RF equipment and computerized warehouse management system a plus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, reach with hands and arms, and grasp with hands.
- Able to work at heights up to 25” (on equipment).
- Regularly required to bend and lift boxes of weights up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally required to lift boxes of weights up to 50 lbs.
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.