Buffalo, NY 14204
Well-established family-owned machine shop looking for an experienced shipping supervisor to coordinate shipment of product to both domestic and international customers
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Pay: $17-21/hr DOE
- Supervision of personnel who pack and ensure customer orders are filled in a timely fashion
- Use software (or phone) to ship, track, and prioritize customer orders and outside services
- Prepare required shipping documents including bills of lading, packing lists, bar code labels, NAFTA certificates, and quality control certs.
- Ensure legal compliance with shipping of product.
- Perform inventory cycle counts
- Oversee shipment of scrap product to processor and shipment of waste to waste hauler.
- Ensure shipping/receiving information is properly entered and coded in software system.
- Ordering of all shipping supplies and paperwork.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- steel toed safety shoes
- must pass drug screen
- Minimal 5 years related experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products
*Position is temp-to-perm with 90 day probation- looking for permanent employees!*
After permanent status is achieved (following 120-day probationary period) benefits include:
- Generous medical coverage/package
- PTO accrual
- Holiday pay
- Pay increase
- retirement plan
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.