Quality Control Inspector
Well-established, locally owned machine shop in need of a QC person to join the team! This position will be responsible to operate a variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Pay: $16-16.50/hour to start
- Operate machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed equipment to detect and remove defects
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Previous experience in machine shop environment or directly related field
- Familiarity machine tools and equipment (micrometers, calipers, etc)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills (ability to read blueprints is crucial)
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliability and strong work ethic a must
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.