230 Fire Tower Dr, Tonawanda, NY 14150 Tonawanda, NY
Tonawanda manufacturing facility in need of a flexible "jack of all trades" to assist their office team! The office is a "lean" operation with a variety of responsibilities/tasks shared between the small group.
Shift: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
- Receive visitors and operate multi-line phone system.
- Orders, receives, distributes and stocks office supplies.
- Sorts incoming mail.
- Maintains company filing system.
- Prepares paperwork and tracks small packages, air shipments and ocean containers.
- Receive and enter bills
- Prepare for payment
- Print checks, submit for signature and mail.
- File paid invoices and archive records.
- Communicate with vendors concerning billing discrepancies.
- Prepare and process purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Have direct contact with outsourced staffing company.
- Manage time clock. Receive and review employee hours. Track daily attendance and time off requests.
- Submit time sheets to Temp agencies.
- Prepare and submit job openings .
- Effectively handle employee issues.
- Schedule employee annual trainings.
- Assist employees with benefit and other HR changes.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Prepare daily production reports for management.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by Manager including picking up/dropping off to nearby vendors.
- Make bank deposits.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Maintain a clean and enjoyable work environment.
- Computer proficient (MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word ).
- Basic knowledge of Quickbooks
- Characteristics desired: organized, dedicated, team player, professional demeanor.
- Great Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Basic understanding of Human Resources procedures and policies.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer, printer, calculator, multi-line telephone system, Fax and copier.
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.