Machine Shop Lead
The primary responsibility of the Machine Shop Lead is to ensure the assigned work is completed in a timely manner, this includes assigning and explaining daily tasks to Machinists; monitoring work progress and compliance with policies and procedures, processing workflow, and recording cost against jobs for payroll and invoicing purposes. The Machine Shop Lead will work with the plant foreman and head engineer to improve processes in the machine shop.
Shift: Monday- Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Pay: $18-20/hour (DOE)
The following essential job functions are performed as a Machine Shop Lead:
- Coordinate and communicate with a small team of machinists
- Maintain an approachable demeanor towards the lead’s direct reports
- Reads, interprets, and follows pass downs, work orders, blueprints, and work instructions
- Work towards continuous improvement in the machine shop
- Maintain standard of quality in the Machine Shop
- Keep work orders stamped, dated, and organized
- Ensure work areas and kept clean and organized
- Record cost of job based on time, machine, and process flow for accounting department
- Limits and controls use of shop consumables
- Participates in training, safety, and quality programs.
- High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education preferred. Experience in the field may be substituted for education.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and experience in a manufacturing setting: press operation and CNC familiarity highly preferred.
- Mill/Lathe Operation, includes Tooling knowledge, Calibrated equipment, machine operation, part loading and clamping, machine maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in operation of grinders, die grinders, and various hand tools.
- Working knowledge of shop math, blueprints, and work orders.
- Must be sharp and have very strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working alongside and leading shop personnel.