Human Resources Director
1413 Parade Street , Erie, PA 16503 Erie, PA 16503
A heavy industrial manufacturing site is looking for an HR Manager with strong local geographic and job market knowledge. Previous industrial HR experience or industrial engineering experience and HR preferred. You will regularly wear a hard hat and work boots since it is a heavy industrial facility. The ideal candidate should be within commuting distance to Erie, PA.
Promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing human resources programs; directing staff with a mix of unionized and non-unionized workforce.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountability, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Fostering Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees
Competitive annual salary, $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 or higher based on experience.