Customer Service and Purchasing Clerk
Full-time, direct hire opportunity with a world class manufacturing facility ! This associate will offer reliable sales support for industrial customers in the abrasives industry, ensuring efficient sales process from sales lead to order entry. In addition, the associate will later be responsible for learning company purchasing procedures and maintaining supply inventory levels required for effective operations. Regular contact with customers and vendors requires consistent follow-through and is a key of this job function.
Pay: negotiable, (around $35,360 ++ for strong candidates, particularly with strong engineering background).
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors
- Assist external/internal customers with current sales needs, resolve inquiries.
- Enter sales orders; coordinate and follow up with internal network and staff as needed
- Communicate with internal production area and office to maintain inventory levels
- Assist with vendor management, communication, and ordering of supplies as needed
- HS diploma/GED (associate or higher preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in sales support, customer service, and/or purchasing roles (strong preference given to candidates with industrial/manufacturing focus)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills is a MUST
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Able to create and administer a task priority list based on current need
- Ability to prioritize, communicate, and follow-through in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Prophet 21 computer system a plus
- Experience in parts business/inventory control background preferred
- Knowledge of logistics/traffic industry a plus.
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.