1413 Parade Street Erie, PA 16503 Erie, PA 16503
Local industrial manufacturing facility is seeking to fill Laborer positions.As a coal laborer you will work in all areas of the plant as assigned by the supervisor and plant wide on equipment throughout the facility. This is a direct hire position with an opportunity to grow! Pay starts at $13.72 per hour with shift differentials for 2nd and 3rd shifts and Sundays. This is a swing shift position so you MUST BE ABLE to work ALL SHIFTS! Must also be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Special Skills, Knowledge, Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear, and taste or smell.
Ability to wear all appropriate PPE required for the environment and follow all procedures.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. regularly, 50 lbs. intermittently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in coke manufacturing.
- Walks on uneven ground and over railroad tracks.
- Climbs staircases, ladders, and steps to accomplish job.
- Shovels coal from battery surface.
- Works in a high heat, regulated environment wearing all appropriate PPE.
- Carries mud buckets to and from areas of need.
- Works in excess of eight hour shifts due to call offs, scheduled overtime, and unscheduled overtime.
- Assists in other duties and performs additional tasks as assigned when the oven schedule is low.
- Works inside and outside in allweather conditions
Benefits after probationary period. APS Staffing is conveniently located at 1413 Parade Street in Erie, PA 16503. Please call us at (814) 866-5777 with any questions!