Buffalo, NY 14204
Machine shop plans, designs, and executes metal stamping projects (both simple and complex). TEMP-TO-PERM
Shift: Monday-Friday 7: 00am-3:30pm
Pay: $15-16/hr (DOE- pay increase when perm)
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Must have HS Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Must have industrial experience: operating machinery, lathes/mills, or other skilled manufacturing background.
- Excellent benefits package offered once permanent status is achieved (following 120-day probationary period).
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.