West Seneca, NY
Well-established, local insurance broker seeking a Benefits Administrator/Client Account Manager to join their West Seneca team! This growing firm offers a fun team environment, great benefits and room for personal and professional growth.
The Benefits Administration Department administers various products for our clients that include: Medical, Dental, vision, Life and disability, FSA, HSA, HRA, Commuter Plans, and COBRA Administration.The Benefits Administration Client Manager acts as a full-service Account Manager for our clients.This position effectively establishes, maintains, builds and manages client relationships at all levels. Must have excellent project management and account management skills, be client-focused, with an understanding of benefits being a plus.This position also supports the internal department operations through external communications, reports and documentation, claims processing and payments, while also delivering customer service to both client and plan participants by answering questions and providing education on how they can access their benefits.
- Actively and effectively manages benefit annual enrollment periods and the implementation of plan changes.
- Proactively acts as the key “go to” person for clients when welfare benefit plan issues arise.
- Provides professional and accurate employee communications to clients, such as annual benefit enrollment period newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, benefit summaries, enrollment forms, etc.
- Thoroughly documents issues so comprehensive client histories are developed and maintained.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current benefit plan regulations, such as ERISA, COBRA, Section 125/cafeteria plans, etc. to provide sound guidance to clients on these issues.
- Configure software platforms (Enrollment, Payroll) for initial client implementation and renewals.
- Assist clients with payroll set-up and on-going questions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A degree in business, human resources, health care administration or other related area is a plus.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ account management experience in the welfare benefit plan industry is preferred, working for an employer, insurer/administrator or broker.
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability products) desired.
- Effective public speaking skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Manages, organizes and conducts client and employee meetings when necessary.
- Ability to use available resources to research regulatory issues and provide clear, concise and accurate information and guidance to clients.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently and be detailed, organized and resourceful, motivating others inside and outside of the firm to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Be professional in both appearance and manner.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred. Strong technical experience preferred.
- Experience in payroll preferred.
- New York State Life/Accident/Health Brokers License required within six months
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.