Production Control Assistant
Buffalo, NY 14204
Well-established, locally-owned machine shop in need of a production control person to assist with daily activity, recording, control, and scheduling of production in industrial machine shop.
Pay: $16-20/hr (DOE)
Shift: Monday-Friday 7: 00am-3:30pm
- After receiving daily work schedule from plant manager, assign production personnel to various work centers.
- Collaborate with Plant Manager to maximize employee scheduling efficiency
- Production/time management process to ensure labor accuracy:
- compile employee's time worked by direct or indirect labor code utilizing job work cards
- Post "time worked" detail to daily work ticket, verified to employee's timecard
- Transcribe information from daily work ticket to production management system
- Note pertinent payroll information on daily work ticket (for Accounting dept. Use)
- Minimum of two years' experience in production control within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent benefits package (medical coverage, retirement plan, PTO, Holiday pay) offered after permanent status is achieved (following 120-day probationary period)
North Town's Area Manager
Erika received her undergraduate degree from Canisius College and, after falling in love with the Queen city, decided to stay. Shortly after leaving school in 2011, she accepted a full time job with APS as an administrative assistant soon thereafter earning a role as a recruiter, assistant branch manager, and now Northtown’s Area Manager. In this role, she has learned to put on several “hats”: assisting in new client development and on-boarding, assisting with operational functions and internal training, dabbling in website updates and advertising, etc etc. Most importantly, Erika is a true “people-centric” person- she enjoys maintaining a role in the recruiting arena, for both meeting and interviewing prospective employees and working closely with a dedicated client base.